Most of us enjoy driving on the road while we rock out to our favorite playlist of songs. And if you aren’t in the mood for music, you can listen instead to a podcast or audiobook during your trip. Not only do we enjoy using our smartphones for entertainment purposes in the car, but we also like the simplicity of navigation provided as well.
While we’ve become very reliant on our smartphones while driving, we aren’t usually able to access everything we want while staying safe and not using our hands. However, nobody wants to be responsible for an accident while driving distracted due to a cell phone. To solve this problem, Apple created a new product to keep you hands free while driving and still giving you access to your smartphone’s features, CarPlay. With both safety and ease of use, you’ll love the options provided by Apple CarPlay if you are thinking about installing it in your new Kia.
What Kia Models Include Apple CarPlay?
Kia was one of the first car manufacturers to offer Apple CarPlay, beating many other automakers to CarPlay. That makes them one of the best options for you if you want to buy a car with CarPlay. CarPlay is offered in most of Kia’s latest models and will allow you to sync up your iPhone to your car so that you can use your phone safely and hands-free while driving. The following Kia models come compatible with Apple CarPlay:
- 2018, 2017 Kia Optima
- 2018 Kia Rio, 2018 Kia Rio 5-Door (subcompacts)
- 2018, 2017 Kia Sorento (SUV)
- 2018, 2017 Kia Sportage (small SUV)
- 2018 Kia Stinger (sports car)
- 2017 Kia Cadenza (large sedan)
- 2017 Kia Forte (compact)
- 2017 Kia Forte5 (compact hatchback)
- 2017 Kia Niro (hybrid crossover)
- 2017 Kia Optima Hybrid (sedan).
- 2017 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid (sedan).
- 2017 Kia Soul (crossover)
How Much Does CarPlay Cost?
Since Kia was so interested in installing CarPlay early on, it shouldn’t cost you a thing to get CarPlay as an upgrade in Kia’s most recent models. All Kia models that come with either an AVN 4.0 navigation system or UV03 dash interface are eligible for an Apple CarPlay upgrade. So you shouldn’t have to worry about shelling out extra cash if you want CarPlay in your Kia.
I Don’t Have CarPlay, Can I Get a Kia CarPlay Upgrade?
Most car manufacturers require that you ask your
dealer to upgrade your car to Apple
CarPlay prior to purchasing your new vehicle. Luckily, this isn’t true if
you own a newer model Kia. If your Kia is a newer model car, many Kia dealers
are offering a free CarPlay upgrade. To see if your Kia qualifies, Kia asks its
customers to visit myuvo.com to see if they qualify.
How to Setup and Use Your Kia CarPlay
- First, use your USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Kia Infotainment system.
- Select the option to connect to CarPlay on your Kia infotainment.
- Next, you’ll see CarPlay show up as an icon on your Kia infotainment. You may be asked to connect to CarPlay again at this point.
- Connect, and then tap the apps you want to use on your Kia infotainment. You can also speak the apps you want to use if you’ve enabled Siri.